Sometimes I like to meditate with a blank drawing pad and colored pencils, and draw/write anything that comes up during my meditation space, and next steps might emerge, which I then focus on throughout the day.
Today, I felt inspired to pull an oracle card for us, to get an overall intention for our day. For all who feel led to, we can focus on the topic that emerges together... very excited to see what comes up! :)
P.S. Whether you are reading this today or another, the energy of the collective tuning that occurred today will always be accessible from your point of time as well.
Here we go! This card is from the "Ask the Unicorns Oracle Cards", by Oceanhouse Media
Whether this is a real time, current grief--or maybe an old one we have't allowed ourselves to look at or acknowledge in awhile--this oracle card encourages us to allow ourselves to say "hello" to our grief today, to acknowledge it, give ourselves the time and space to feel it and accept ourselves for having it, and to open ourselves to receiving support as we process it...from our angels, guides, and our fellow beings here on Earth.
This doesn't mean we have to talk about it per se, but this card is encouraging us to not close ourselves off from the world or feel like it is our sole burden to carry. Grief in general is a heavier vibration... Being with others can help us shift our focus, energy set-point and remind us of all the love and light in the world. <3
A note on processing our grief:
A few reminders came up to share...
1.) Comfort is key -- as you give yourself the time and space to allow yourself to feel and process your grief (in any way that you feel inspired to), remember to give yourself plenty of comfort through the process.
- You might consider where you physically have the session (that's comfortable/comforting for you, or you may create a sanctuary space for yourself)
- What you consume (have gentle care for your body, with the focus of comforting your body--you might keep in mind your inner child's ideas for comfort)...
- How you adorn yourself (e.g. what clothes you wear, wrapped in a blanket?)
- Any energy tools you have to support you processing the energy of grief and replenishing yourself with new energy
- Words of comfort, affirmations, prayer, etc. as much and as often as feels good to you
- How much you rest (give yourself the space to sit/lie and do nothing, go to bed early, etc.)
2.) Notice when you become "lost in your grief" versus sitting with/processing grief in consciousness.
It is okay if you lose yourself in the grief, it is processing it too. Just a few ways you can notice if you are crossing that threshold and regain your awareness (so you can process it more consciously if you wish):
- You begin to feel really heavy, powerless, hopeless
- You are following a rabbit hole of old memories, time is passing without your awareness
- You have forgotten you are "processing grief"
- The emotion of grief is all you feel or are aware of, you no longer have a sense of your broader Self
3.) Remember to be gentle/loving/accepting with yourself, whatever happens! <3
Whenever you notice, 'ah, one of the above just what happened'...you might speak kindly and encouragingly to yourself, for example:
- "Good job coming back into awareness!"
- "That was some good processing, how do I want to proceed now? Shall I keep going or start comforting myself, etc.?"
- "Wow that was intense... Body, what would be comforting for you right now?" You may feel inspired to hug yourself, take a bath, say loving things to yourself, go outside, eat something...do what first comes to mind.
Sometimes feelings of guilt or shame come up, I could write another blogpost just around that...For now, remember to bring it back to love, acceptance and forgiveness. I personally love physical self-comfort and words of comfort (e.g. hugging myself and saying "It's okay, all is forgiven...You're okay, all is well. You were doing the best you could", etc.) and bringing more love into the memory that triggered the guilt/shame. You can read an example of that process here.
If you have any questions around any of the above, please do not hesitate to contact me or post in a comment below...